Miami Cruise Ship Accidents and Injuries Lawyer
Cruises are very popular vacations, with more than 26 million passengers each year. The Port of Miami is the busiest cruise port in the world, seeing nearly 5 million cruise passengers in 2017. Cruise ships are designed to be fun, adventurous and relaxing for passengers, but onboard accidents, injuries, and even deaths occur all too frequently. When a vacation becomes dangerous, it can be especially frightening because you are away from the familiar comforts of home. You may not know who to call for help, and when you do get help, you may not trust the opinions of unfamiliar caregivers. These complications only add to the stress of an injury. If you or a loved one were injured on a cruise, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries, time off work, and other damages. Contact the cruise ship injury lawyer Louis A. Vucci, P.A..
At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., our practice is focused solely on cruise ship accidents. We are totally dedicated to standing up for the rights of accident victims on cruise ships. You should not have to be financially responsible for an injury caused by a negligent cruise ship. Our team can assist with your case and ensure you get the maximum amount of recovery for your injuries. We will use our years of experience to recover substantial monetary compensation for you to cover your medical expenses and more. Call us today at (786) 375-0344 to discuss your case and how we can help.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Cases involving cruise ships involve maritime law, which is a particular legal system that governs the movement of goods and passengers over international waters. Maritime law exists so that cruise lines and other carriers are accountable for their actions. This area of the law can be extremely complex, so you need the help of a trustworthy, experienced legal team familiar with both maritime law and personal injury law to be successful in your claim. Utilizing an attorney for your cruise ship injury claim will ensure that you are able to recover from all responsible parties.
Cruise ship accidents and injuries typically involve many parties, so you may be able to file a claim against multiple individuals. While the immediate offender who caused your injury is an obvious party to pursue, a professional Miami cruise ship accident attorney will also help you identify other parties who may have been responsible for the injury. This can include the owner of the cruise ship, the company operating the ship, the company that sold you your ticket, and any other parties who may have been involved in the incident.
It is very likely that the insurance company for the cruise line will reach out to you with a settlement offer. Do not accept these settlements without first speaking with an attorney. Quick settlements are almost always lowball offers that insurance agents will pressure you into accepting, leaving you paying for many expenses out of pocket. A lawyer can negotiate with insurance on your behalf to make sure you get the full amount of compensation that you need and deserve.
Once you do file a claim for a cruise ship injury, you will be required to follow the small print terms and conditions that you agreed to when you purchased your ticket. This includes provisions about where, how, and when you can bring a claim for your injuries. Since most people never read this information, it is crucial that you seek the counsel of an experienced attorney. A Miami cruise ship accident attorney can help you with all of the important details you need to know to bring a successful claim against the parties who are at fault for your injuries.
Why Choose Louis A. Vucci, P.A.?
At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., our sole focus is to achieve justice for our clients. When you work with us, you will have a dependable legal team who specializes in cruise ship injuries. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients who have suffered injuries while on cruise vacations, including a recent $1.9 million verdict for a crew member who suffered an internal hemorrhage. We have a long list of legal victories, and we have an excellent success rate.
Louis Vucci, founder of Louis A. Vucci, P.A., put himself through law school by working construction. He understands hard-working people, and when you spend your hard-earned vacation dollars on a cruise where you wind up injured, he will help you recover from the responsible parties. He understands the financial difficulties that can follow an injury and will work tirelessly to help you receive compensation to cover the cost of your medical bills, time off work, and other damages. Our team will be considerate to your wishes and needs while we aggressively pursue the individuals and companies responsible for your injuries.
Cruise ship law is extremely niche, since many cruise ship accidents occur in international waters, and many cruise ships are registered in international ports of convenience. A regular personal injury lawyer will likely have no idea how to handle a cruise ship claim, but at Louis A. Vucci, P.A., cruise ship claims are all we do. We are also experienced litigators with vast knowledge surrounding cruise ship claims. We have spent decades aggressively pursuing justice for our clients. At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., we get results for victims just like you, and we will work tirelessly to prevail in your claim so you get the relief from your injuries that you deserve.
Common Accidents Onboard Cruise Ship
Cruise lines have a duty to passengers to make their ships safe and free of hazardous conditions that can cause accidents. Cruise ship owners should be held responsible when accidents occur because of their faulty management. At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., we handle all types of accidents and injuries that occur on cruise ships. The most common incidents on cruise ships that result in injuries include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents occur frequently on cruise ships. Ships often have wet or slick surfaces, especially around pools. These, combined with the inherent movement of the boat, create a dangerous environment for those onboard. Broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and even brain damage are potential results of slip and falls.
- Illnesses: Cruise ships can experience swift outbreaks of illnesses due to the close proximity of passengers. Foodborne illnesses – including food poisoning – are common onboard cruises, and can be the result of insufficient food safety standards and poor sanitation during food preparation.
- Collisions: Cruise ship collisions can involve hitting a landmass, underwater debris, or another ship. These types of accidents can cause significant injuries of all kinds, and the responsible parties must be held accountable.
- Assault: Assaults are unfortunately common onboard cruise ships and can be perpetrated by another passenger, a member of the crew, or even at a port of call. While the circumstances of each event are unique, dangerous activity onboard and at a port should not be tolerated on a cruise, and liable parties need to pay for your injuries.
- Fall Hazards: The potential for serious falls exist all over cruise ships, which have multiple levels, slick surfaces, and recreational equipment onboard a moving vessel. Ships should be constantly inspected for undue hazards, which, once identified, should be fixed promptly.
- Injuries Due to Crew Errors: When a crewmember makes a mistake, they threaten the safety of all passengers. This is a violation of the cruise line’s duty to you as a passenger, and they should be held liable for the breach of that duty.
- Injuries During Recreational Activities: From pools and waterslides onboard the cruise ship to the activities guests partake in at different ports, these accidents may occur due to lack of supervision, unsafe equipment or other problems. You may be entitled to a lawsuit against the cruise ship, the maker of the recreational equipment, and/or the activity leader.
If you are injured on a cruise, it is important to immediately notify the cruise director or an officer on the ship to receive onboard medical attention. You should ask the ship personnel to complete an investigation, and if possible, document your own account of what happened. Your next call should be to a lawyer so that you can review your options for legal action. You have a limited amount of time to file a cruise ship injury claim, so be sure to act fast. Call a Miami cruise ship accident lawyer at Louis A. Vucci, P.A. as soon as you can for legal advice and to review your case.
Speak with us at Louis A. Vucci, P.A. for Free
At Louis A. Vucci, P.A., our Miami cruise injury team works on a contingency fee basis, so that you pay nothing unless we win your case. We have the experience and resources you need to get the compensation you deserve. Your first consultation is always free, and there’s no obligation. If you or a loved one have been injured in a cruise ship accident, call a Louis A. Vucci, P.A. Miami cruise accident lawyer today at (786) 375-0344.