Boston Cruise Ship Accidents and Injuries Lawyer
If you were injured while on a cruise that sailed out of Boston, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Cruise lines have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe, both onboard the ship and while on excursions in port. When they fail in this responsibility, you have the right to hold them accountable for their negligence. However, to do so, you will likely need the help of a lawyer with experience handling cruise ship claims.
Louis A. Vucci P.A. has devoted their entire practice to assisting victims of cruise ship accidents. We are familiar with the unique challenges associated with cruise ship claims, and we are not intimidated by huge cruise lines and their corporate lawyers. To learn more about how we can help you recover financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, contact us today at (786) 375-0344. Your first consultation is totally free.
Do I Need a Boston Cruise Ship Accident Attorney?
Even if you were injured on a cruise that sailed from Boston, you must file your claim in the state where the company is headquartered. For many cruise lines, this is Florida, which can be very inconvenient for victims who live in other states or countries. Furthermore, it is very possible that your injuries occurred in international waters or on foreign shores, which can further complicate your case. Additionally, most cruise lines are massive companies with aggressive corporate lawyers and insurance agents who will do everything they can to deny liability and avoid paying you the money you deserve. For all of these reasons, it can be next to impossible to handle a cruise line accident claim on your own.
It is best to choose an experienced attorney to represent you in a case against a cruise line. Lawyers who have handled cruise line claims in the past will know how to handle the specific challenges of cruise line claims. They can gather the necessary evidence to prove your side of the story, and do the research to understand what foreign laws may apply. An attorney will also have knowledge about the timeline to bring your case and other deadlines that must be met throughout the process. Ultimately, you will have a much better chance of prevailing in your case if you are represented by a cruise ship accident attorney.
Why Choose Louis A. Vucci P.A. to Handle My Case?
Picking an attorney to represent you when you have been injured may seem like a daunting task. With Louis A. Vucci P.A., you can rest assured that we are experienced in handling cruise ship injury cases and that we prioritize your success. We focus our practice solely on cruise ship law and we are devoted to keeping you informed throughout the claim process. We care deeply about your ability to recover the compensation you deserve.
Our firm founder, Louis Vucci, has been practicing law for over two decades. After graduating from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts with Honors, Louis began his career as a public defender. This formed an excellent base for him to go on to focus on representing injured people against large corporations. Louis is a trial attorney with a wealth of experience in both state and federal court. Louis has obtained verdicts and settlement well over $1 million for a number of his clients. Your case is in good hands with Louis A. Vucci P.A..
When a cruise ship injury has gotten you down, Louis A. Vucci P.A. is here to help you pick up the pieces. We offer several perks to help your experience with our law firm go well. Your first consultation is always free. We want to be able to consider your case carefully and explain your options to you, without any obligation on your part. We are also paid only on a contingency basis. This means that you will never have to pay us up front and we will only be paid after you receive compensation.
Types of Cases We Handle
Louis A. Vucci P.A. is available to help you bring a lawsuit based on whatever type of injury you have suffered. These include the following:
- Slip and falls – Slippery decks, loose carpeting, unstable gangways, and other hazards can increase the likelihood of falling on a cruise ship.
- Swimming pool accidents – If the cruise ship pool is overcrowded or the lifeguards are negligent, swimmers, particularly children, may be at risk of drowning.
- Falling overboard – If a passenger falls overboard into the ocean, they may drown or be otherwise severely injured.
- Elevator malfunction – Most cruise ships are equipped with elevators to help guests traverse the ship. If an elevator malfunctions, occupants may be injured.
- Shore excursions – If you were injured in a shore excursion organized by the cruise line, you can hold them accountable for your injuries, even if they were not directly involved. Examples of shore excursion accidents include vehicle accidents, violent crime, ziplining, snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, hiking, and more.
- Crime – Theft and sexual assault have been reported on many cruise ships. Cruise lines have a duty to provide adequate security to prevent crime aboard their ships.
- Medical staff negligence – Trained medical staff is a necessity aboard a cruise ship. However, the care you receive on the ship may be substandard, which can aggravate your injuries or medical conditions.
- Food poisoning – The close proximity of cruise ship passengers, as well as the fact that they all eat the same food, can mean that an outbreak of a foodborne illness such as norovirus can quickly infect the entire ship.
Whether you are aboard a cruise ship or on a cruise-sponsored shore excursion, you should be able to stay safe. If the cruise line has not taken proper precautions or fails to take timely action to correct an issue, contact us so that we can discuss your rights and legal options.
Popular Boston Cruise Lines
The most popular cruise lines that sail out of Boston are listed below. These cruise lines are very popular, but they have issues with taking the correct precautions and ensuring the safety of all patrons.
- Holland America – Holland America caters to an affluent crowd, but dangerous conditions for passengers can still arise.
- Norwegian – Norwegian cruise line has a history of norovirus outbreaks.
- Royal Caribbean – Royal Caribbean is a popular cruise line, but it has made decisions regarding weather issues that have put its passengers at risk.
Regardless of the cruise line you sail on, the company owes you a duty of care to ensure that you stay safe.
Holding a Cruise Line Liable
A cruise line owes passengers a duty to keep them reasonably safe. Certain precautions must be taken, such as hiring a medical staff that stays on the ship and performing maintenance to avoid slip and fall accidents. No matter the cause of your injury, your attorney will have to show that the cruise line was legally negligent, meaning they failed to take reasonable steps to ensure your safety, and you were injured as a direct result.
When you are injured because the cruise line did not keep the ship in a safe condition or you received substandard medical treatment, you may be able to file a successful lawsuit against the cruise line. To have a court or jury find that the cruise line was liable, your attorney will usually have to prove that the company knew or should have known about the safety issue that caused your injury. The dangerous conditions that existed on the ship must be proven with evidence. A Boston cruise ship accident attorney will evaluate the specific facts of your case to help you bring the best possible case.
Compensation in a Cruise Ship Accident Case
After an injury on a cruise ship or shore excursion, it is important to inform the cruise line of your injury. Once you have returned home, you may be able to obtain a monetary recovery based on the negligence of the cruise line. The recovery amount would be based on your economic and non-economic losses. Economic losses are more measurable things, such as medical expenses for surgeries, doctor visits, hospital stays, medication, and other things. You may be able to recover for non-economic losses such as emotional and physical pain and suffering as well. If you were treated by a medical staff aboard the cruise ship, it is important to make sure that the quality of care you received did not negatively affect your injuries, as this could be a basis for further recovery.
After being injured on a cruise ship or shore excursion, you may be suffering physically, mentally, and financially. Louis A. Vucci P.A. is ready to assist you in holding a negligent cruise line accountable and getting you the justice you deserve. You may be able to recover a substantial amount of money that will help you return to your former way of life. Contact us today at (786) 375-0344 or use this website to chat with us live about your case.